staying in shape and proud of it

Yesterday was my first day in over three weeks that I have not run. This heat has been unbearable, but I have kept up with my routine and I feel so incredible. It was time for a day off and I needed to get RQ ready for her baptism.

I am not trying to brag (or maybe I am - because hey, I am proud!) but since I have been sharing my pregnancy weight loss journey for 8 months now, I thought I would keep sharing now that I finally am feeling comfortable in my own skin again. Yes, a lot of my weight fell right off after pregnancy and I only needed to lose 4 lbs to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight when RQ was three weeks old. Then came Thanksgiving, Christmas...  and then Vegas.  Needless to say, I was back in my clothes, but they were a littler tighter than I wanted them to be. No, I was not fat and am not one of those "I'm fat 'skinny' girls" - you know what I'm talking about. I've never said I was fat, I just wanted to be more fit and in shape.

So I started back running. I have always been a runner, but never quite kept up with it after college. I would run a couple of days and then stop for 3 weeks, run a week and stop for a month, etc. I ran all of January and got every bit of my weight off and was getting back in shape and felt great. But like I said... then came Vegas. I gained several pounds in the month of May. Really. I did. I have managed to get it off and I am proud of it. I am going back to d.town to grab my jogging stroller tomorrow so I can start to get used to pushing that. Now that I've gotten better at my run, I can add that to strengthen my arms. I am also planning to push RQ in the 5K in November! I cannot wait to run in it! I am so glad I have a goal to look forward to and push me not to stop running like I have sometimes in the past. I know when I go back to d. town and start tutoring 2 days a week at the end of August, it may cut out a couple of days, but I am aiming for 5 out of seven even though most weeks I am going 7/7!


Here I am today and I finally can feel my hard work paying off . My runs are not as difficult and I am slowly adding distance and increasing my times. My clothes don't feel tight and I feel great. I even feel more relaxed and happy each day! I hope the weather forecast for rain the next 10 days on my little island doesn't throw me off too horribly bad! Plus, it is time to strengthen my arms with the jogger and RQ!

I also want to give a huge shout out to my mom who is running with me most days! It's wonderful to have a partner and it helps to keep us both motivated. (And thanks to Grandy and Daddy for watching RQ while we have been running all those mornings!)

Here's to all the runners out there bearing this heat! Stay hydrated and happy, friends. :)

Comments

Popular Posts